Many things have changed here since 1872, when Georges Blanc’s great-grandparents decided to settle in Vonnas as soft drink sellers and café owners.
As soon as he joined the family business as an enthusiast cook, Georges spared no efforts to transform this place…
A strong supporter of environmental protection, Georges quickly understood how important it was to secure a healthy and beautiful environment. The special touch he gave to the buildings creates a kind of magic atmosphere where the nearby water, flowers and neat gardens combine with an enchanting lighting as soon as night falls.
On over 12 acres around the original restaurant, about thirty houses have been transformed or renovated to make the “Gourmet Village” dream come true.
An allusion to the past: on each building, a museography based on illustrations narrates the story of these old houses and trades, now defunct, that used to be at the heart of this place.